I’m pleased to announce a new group and an upcoming event, at which I’ll be speaking. The Keto Kids Club is a support group for families with children who suffer from neurological disorders. The Club aims to help parents find healing diets for their sick children.
The Keto Kids Club is holding their first annual family event on October 22 this year at the St. Barnabas Ambulatory Care Center, 200 S. Orange Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey. The goal of this event is to bring together a community of families to meet, discuss and learn new strategies to implement successful dietary therapies for neurological disorders, such as the ketogenic diet for epilepsy.
The tentative program:
- 4:00-5:00pm Mingle and introductory remarks by Dr. Rina Goldberg, MD of Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- 5:00-5:30pm Open Panel with Kids, coordinated by Courtney Schnabel Glick, RD, Coordinator of the Ketogenic Diet Program, NYU Langone Medical Center
- 5:30pm-7:00pm Speakers:
- Orrin Devinsky, MD, Director of NYU Langone’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
- Eric Kossof, MD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Paul Jaminet, PhD, author of Perfect Health Diet (Scribner, 2012)
- 7:00-8:00pm Reception