Steve Hillbrand of Minnesota was a guest at the October 2014 Perfect Health Retreat. Steve kindly recorded a video for us discussing his experience at the retreat.
- “I’d like to say thank you for providing this opportunity, it was really nice.”
- “Everybody here has been really friendly, very helpful, did everything to make me feel comfortable and welcome.”
- “My purpose was to get the whole dimension of the diet and the lifestyle…. I wanted to see how it would feel to implement everything.”
- “This couple weeks kind of gave me a good feeling for what it would be like.”
- “I usually eat a lot, and I found that by the end of the first week and into the second week that one plate of food was all I really felt like eating. It filled me up. Very different than what I’m used to.”
- “Cravings for alcohol kind of go with me, along with cravings for sweets and coffee, I’m constantly adjusting my mood with food. It was nice to have the wine in the evening and no problems staying within the two glasses, a couple of nights one glass. Even party night tonight I’ll probably have two glasses because that seems to be sufficient for me.”
- “The other nice thing about the retreat for me was feeling physically stronger. Doing the weight training and the exercises, you start to realize, it doesn’t take that much. The training on the importance of consistency really rang home to me… Just the idea that you can do the 15 minutes a couple times a day and get the health benefits was nice for me to realize and I can imaging implementing it.”
- “All the variety, looking at the barefoot running, looking at the heart rhythm training, those were all very interesting to me. I’d been exposed to them all before but it never really clicked in the same way as when you explained it.”
- “I particularly liked the science classes. Looked forward to them every day.”
- “Food was great. That was one of my big problems with implementing this diet…. I’d soon get bored with [meat and potatoes]. I didn’t really have the variety in my diet, didn’t really know how to make it. I have some new ideas now about doing it.”
- “The more interesting conversation will be to talk to us a year from now…. Has it turned around some of the more chronic health issues that all of us seem to have?”
- “I appreciate the idea that it’s not just one part, you do the whole thing.”
- “I would heartily recommend the retreat to strangers…. I think everybody got something out of it.”
- “I think the setting has been ideal for me. It’s been sunny, there’s a beach to walk on. I like a little bit of alone processing time, it’s very easy to walk down the beach and meander alone. That was wonderful. I really haven’t swam in the ocean hardly at all before, this was kind of exciting to be able to do that. The salt water pools right outside here were really nice. I never liked pools because I don’t like chlorine, and these were really nice for swimming and loosening up.”
- “I don’t know if you can get a better setting.”
- “I’m very happy I came. Very successful. I look at it as one of those pivotal points in my life. That’s my feeling right now…. It really feels like something big has shifted.”
Thank you Steve!
We are taking reservations now for the next Perfect Health Retreat to be held October 10-17, 2015. Don’t miss this opportunity for a luxurious vacation combined with a week of learning that will pay a lifetime of dividends.
To learn about the retreat, visit the various web pages under the Perfect Health Retreat tab, starting here. To reserve a room or for more information, please contact Paul Jaminet at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whitney Ross Gray at email@example.com.