Upcoming Appearances and Events
These events are coming up soon:
- No upcoming events
PHD in the Media
Magazine and newspaper mentions:
- In the January 2013 issue of Vogue, we were #6 in the Top Ten Beauty, Health, and Fitness Trends of 2013: Paleo Perfected
- In the January 1, 2013 issue of USA Today, we are one of Five new diet books to help you shed pounds in 2013
- In the January 2013 issue of Australian Women’s Weekly, we help you Eat Your Way to Great Health
Podcasts and Radio Shows
Recent appearances (since release of the Scribner edition):
- Wendy Myers, Live to 110 Show #14, Saturday, July 20, 2013.
- Angelo Coppola, Latest in Paleo episode 75, Tuesday, July 16, 2013.
- Clark Danger, PaleoHacks Podcast #6, Thursday, June 6, 2013.
- Brett Hill, Janah James, and Stephanie Wasylyk, That Paleo Show #17, Friday, May 31, 2013.
- Jon Smith, The Fit Fat Fast Podcast, Thursday, May 23, 2013.
- Evan Brand, Not Just Paleo, Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
- Pete Cohen, The Weight Loss Guru, Friday, April 5, 2013.
- Aaron Olson, PaleoRunner, Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
- Paul did a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” on Tuesday, March 5, 2013.
- Ben Greenfield, Ben Greenfield Fitness, February 13, 2013 (also here)
- Stefani Ruper, Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show, February 11, 2013 (Stefani’s comments here)
- Jack Petersen, Find Your Greatness Daily, video interview February 11, 2013
- Tony Federico, Paleo Magazine Radio, February 2, 2013
- Jimmy Moore, Ask the Low-Carb Experts, January 25, 2013
- Bryan Davis, AskBryan, January 24, 2013
- Allan Balliett, Biodynamics Now! Podcast, January 12, 2013
- Dave Asprey, The Bulletproof Executive Podcast, December 27, 2012
- Carl Lanore, Superhuman Radio, December 19, 2012 (second hour)
- Dr. Lauren Noel, Dr Lo Radio, December 18, 2012
- Angelo Coppola, Latest in Paleo, December 5, 2012
- Sean Croxton, Underground Wellness, December 6, 2012
- Abel James Bascom, The Fat Burning Man, August 31, 2012 and December 14, 2012
- Jordan Reasoner, SCD Lifestyle, September 27, 2012
Earlier appearances (before the Scribner edition):
- Dr. Mercola, video interview, January 7, 2012. Transcript here.
- Sean Croxton, Underground Wellness, January 20, 2012.
- Miriam Knight, New Consciousness Review, January 12, 2012
- Joanne Nelson, Joanne Unleashed, January 2, 2012
- Chris Kresser with Danny Roddy, The Healthy Skeptic Podcast, August 23, 2011
- Jimmy Moore, Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show, March 7, 2011 and Encore Week interview January 3, 2012.
- Cary Nosler, Wide World of Health, June 19, 2011 and October 23, 2011 and September 9, 2012.
- Ben Greenfield, Ben Greenfield FitnessJune 29, 2011
Reviews of the 2012 Scribner edition:
- Jenny Doh, Crescendoh.com, BOOK :: Perfect Health Diet
This is one of the most eye-opening books I’ve ever read….
In just a few weeks of adopting their recommendations, I can already feel the nutritional benefits happening to me. More satisfied, more balanced, and more healthy and clean is how I feel as I have expunged all that is to be avoided out of my diet (for the most part) and embraced their recommendations.
Mind you, I had been a pretty healthy eater before reading this book. But I feel that PHD offers me a set of tools to fine-tune my diet to a level of near perfection that I didn’t know how to achieve.
Bravo to Paul Jaminet and Shou-Ching Jaminet for a truly revolutionary book.
- Peter Turchin, Social Evolution Forum, Starving the Enemy
“Perfect Health Diet: Four Steps to Renewed Health, Youthful Vitality, and Long Life by Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet … is a great book and I recommend it to all.”
- J. Stanton, Gnolls.org, Book Review: Perfect Health Diet (Scribner Edition, December 2012)
“The Perfect Health Diet is the new baseline from which all future attempts to determine the optimal human diet must be argued and measured…. [I]f you’ve read the previous edition and found it useful, the new edition is well worth buying.”
- Dennis Mangan, The Breviary, Review of the new edition of Perfect Health Diet
“This is just a fabulous book. I’ve read many books in the arena of health and nutrition, and I have to say that Perfect Health Diet is hands down the best I’ve ever read. The book addresses almost everything you need to know to live in perfect health, and the arguments of its authors are thoroughly convincing. If you have the slightest interest in improving your health, you owe it to yourself to read this book.”
- John Durant, Hunter-Gatherer, The perfect gift: Perfect Health Diet
“Here’s my review: This is the single best book on diet I’ve ever read.”
- Chris Kresser, ChrisKresser.com, The new Perfect Health Diet
“[T]his book is a must-read not only for the average health-conscious individual, but also for health professionals that are looking for solid evidence that supports an ancestral nutrition philosophy…. This book could change a lot of lives if read by the right people!”
- Emily Deans, Evolutionary Psychiatry, The new Perfect Health Diet and Sex at Dawn
“I think that anyone following the food recommendations of the Perfect Health Diet would find themselves in a healthier and happier state of being…. I like the no holds barred questioning of the status quo…. Paul and Shou-Ching are thoughtful like few in the paleosphere. Am I as certain as they are? No, and that gives me pause. But read their book. Like Sex At Dawn, it will open your mind.”
- Kamal Patel, Pain Database, Perfect Health Diet, 2012 edition: an in-depth review of an in-depth book…PART 1 OF 2
“Perfect Health Diet (or PHD, as it’s coincidentally called) is Paleo on steroids. Not the bad steroids that give you acne and make you aggressive, but the good steroids that improve your health and make you think deep thoughts.”
- Steven Hamley, The Paleo Premise, Book Review: Perfect Health Diet
“PHD is the best book on the subject of diet/health and is the book I would recommend to people interested in Paleo, weight loss or overcoming health problems.”
Reviews of the original (2010) edition in English:
- Chris Kresser, The Healthy Skeptic, My new favorite book on nutrition and health
- Chris Masterjohn, Weston A Price Foundation Wise Traditions magazine, Summer 2011The Perfect Health Diet by Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet
- Chris Masterjohn, Cholesterol and Health, A Review of Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet’s Perfect Health Diet
- Dennis Mangan, Mangan’s, Summa Paleolithica
- Pål Jåbekk, Ramblings of a CarnivoreThe As Good Health As Possible Diet
- Joanne Nelson, Joanne Unleashed, Book Review: Perfect Health Diet — Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet
- Tony Frezza, Living Superhuman, “Perfect Health Diet” Book Review
- Ned Kock, Health Correlator, Book review: Perfect Health Diet
- Amazon customer reviews
Reviews of the original (2010) edition in foreign languages:
- Constantin Gonzalez’s German language review (Google translation)
- Miki Ben Dor’s Hebrew language review (Google translation)