We’re excited! Our book is now shipping and appearing in stores, and we can’t wait to hear what you think of it.
I’ve gotten some further information on the launch dates for the various editions. The US and Canadian edition launched today, of course. The Australian and New Zealand edition will be officially published on January 7; here is the book’s page from Scribe. Finally, the United Kingdom edition is expected to be released in fall 2013, due to the time needed to customize it for a UK audience and perform pre-release marketing activities.
You may have noticed some re-arrangements to the site. I’m getting ready to launch a forum, and there are some new pages:
- Translations of the PHD Food Plate into 9 languages can be found here. Thank you to Constantin Gonzalez, Nadia Bachi, Wout Mertens, Martin Inderhaug, Ildiko Koltai, Jarrett McAnally, Kiril Roussev, and Rafael B. for providing translations!
- I’ve put up a News, Interviews, Reviews page – it’s under the Buy the Book tab – where you can find information about upcoming public appearances, magazine and newspaper stories, interviews and podcasts, and book reviews.
- I’ve put up a list of our recipes on the Recipes page, and also links to some PHD-friendly food bloggers. We’ll have a Recipes section on the forum when it launches, and I expect to be spending more time on food – and, in general, helping people implement our diet and lifestyle recommendations – in the new year.
Speaking of interviews and podcasts, here’s what’s going on this week:
- I was going to appear on Dr Lo Radio tonight, but unfortunately Lauren is not feeling well today, so we postponed it to next Tuesday the 18th.
- But you won’t have to wait until Tuesday to hear a new podcast: my podcast with Abel James Bascom on his Fat Burning Man show will go live on Friday Dec 14. This is my second interview with Abel since he read an early manuscript of the book (first interview from August 12), and this time we got to talk about some of our more offbeat ideas. It’s a fun one.
- I recorded a podcast with Paleo Magazine Radio, which will air in the new year. The interview had a special guest: frequent commenter erp joined the discussion, to talk about what it’s like to eat the Perfect Health Diet. Tony Federico and Paleo Magazine are looking for more personal-experience stories and would love to hear from Perfect Health Dieters, so if you’d like to appear on Paleo Magazine Radio, leave your contact information in their Call for Guests app.
Finally, let me say: thank you to all our readers for helping us get to this day. We are truly grateful for your support.
On our side, a lot of work has been invested into this book – seven years of effort. It will be very satisfying if that work pays off by bringing better health to a large public.
We think that can happen – we can make a big difference in public health and save many people from premature death or untimely disease – but we’re dependent on your help to achieve it. So if you enjoy the book, please tell your friends and family – recommend it on social media and Amazon – give it as a gift – and leave reviews on Amazon. And please do participate here, in comments and on the forum when it launches; we value your companionship and friendship on this journey.
Thank you again and please, enjoy the book and have a very merry Christmas season! The “What’s New in the New Edition” series will continue tomorrow with a look at the book’s take on weight loss and obesity.